Games with Multiple Levels – Helicopter Game (part 1)
Exercise: Add Levels to your helicopter game, Part 1
We’re going to add levels to our helicopter game! Follow the eight steps here to get started. Do each step one at a time!
1. Click on My Stuff and open your helicopter game. Save your file with a new name using “Save as a copy” (Your file should still have your helicopter in it that moves with the keys.)
2. Click on the small image labeled “Stage” in the bottom right of the Scratch editor, next to your sprites.
3. Click on “Backdrops”.
4. Right-Click (or shift and click) “Duplicate” 2 times so that you have three copies of the stage. These are called “Backdrops”.
5. Now, edit one of the Backdrops.
6. Select the paint bucket and a color and then click on canvas to fill the whole background in with that color.
7. Fill in the other two backgrounds with DIFFERENT colors. You’ll have time later to add more details to each of these backgrounds.
Games with Multiple Levels – Helicopter Game (part 2)
Exercise: Add Levels to Your Helicopter Game, Part 2
Add these scripts to your STAGE. They won’t do anything yet, but we’ll use them in the next step.
Games with Multiple Levels – Helicopter Game (part 3)
Exercise: Add Levels to Your Helicopter Game, Part 3
Add this script to your helicopter code so that you can use levels!
Make sure you understand how the code works!